It's really happening

There are many people in my life that have lead me to this place. Through them I have learned who I am, what I want to become, and what I can do in life. It's only natural for me to want to share my adventures with these people. After all, without them I wouldn't be who I am today. Here's to all the new experiences- I'm glad I have people to share them with.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

O Brother, Where Art thou?


The above picture is one of my most favorites of all the pictures Aaron and I took while he was here. We had an amazing few days together. So amazing that this week I caught myself thinking many times, "last week Aaron and I were doing this..." "at this time last week Aaron and I visited...." "a week ago when Aaron was here..." Needless to say, we had a wonderful time. It was so great seeing him. I hadn't seen him in 5 months-maybe the longest seperation we've ever had. I was so overwhelmed when I saw him that I started to cry. I greeted him at the airport, and held onto him as soon as he got off of the escalator. Sweet Bud.

I haven't been able to do a lot of touristy things, so we filled our days with sight seeing, walking, and more walking. Aaron was a total trooper though. It still amazes me that we're such good friends. Despite our differences, we've grown to enjoy each other's company and support. He was exactly what I needed and was the perfect medicine.

I will use this opportunity to brag on him. Aaron just turned 21 and is already the soux chef at a retirement community restaurant in Austin, TX. Before this he spent 4 months as the EXECUTIVE CHEF at a top of the line resort in King Salmon, Alaska. I always knew he was a great chef, but this really put things into perspective. He's grown into such an endearing friend, and I'm so excited to see what his next venture will be.

I don't think he's ever given himself enough credit. He's smart, handsome, funny, and talented, but most of all he's kind. We've had our differences in the past, but I never once doubted his heart. He's always been generous and would kindly give up anything for his family. Even now, as I look at his picture posted on my refrigerator, I imagine all that's meant to be for him. Here's to you, Bud. You make me smile when I least expect it. You've touched my soul and helped me more than you know.

I had the best time with you.

Love love.
Em

PS: I posted 3 new blogs today, so please make sure to scroll down and read the next 2.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, Love, LOVE the pictures! I'm so glad everything worked out.Looks like a great visit for both! I'm getting in a Ney York state of mind. Love from YSA

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home