It's really happening

There are many people in my life that have lead me to this place. Through them I have learned who I am, what I want to become, and what I can do in life. It's only natural for me to want to share my adventures with these people. After all, without them I wouldn't be who I am today. Here's to all the new experiences- I'm glad I have people to share them with.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

New place, new roomie, new bed



Hello darlings! Many of you didn't know, but I moved this past weekend. I bought a bed and an air conditioner from craigslist, hired a craigslist mover, and the two of us hauled everything to the third story of my new building. What a sight that was! I even said to my old roommate (whom I already miss) Lauren, "my father would be proud!" Sadly enough, this was the first official move without my dad, which was sad. He's always the best help. We did it though, me and Daniel from craigslist.

So I'm in my new place. It's really cute and totally girlie, but now I'm a little stressed about finances. This is why many people don't rent in NY- because of all the money you have to put down. It's a huge chunk of change all of a sudden, but I had to do it. I couldn't sublet anymore. I've felt like a traveling nomad for the past few years, and I was ready to finally have my own place. I don't know how long I'm going to be in this new apartment, and that feels great! I could be here for a year, I could be here for more or less than that depending on future circumstances. And I get to decorate! Wooo! Oh. Wait. That takes money. Well then, we can just shove that right out of my 3rd story window, now can't we?

My new roommate, Kristel, is a total doll. She's a musical theatre actress, so we get along really well. Thankfully, she's not one of those "I will strangle you if you sing one more show tune" musical theatre actresses. She's fun, girlie, and she totally appreciates my crunchy side. Side note: crunchy is kind of "hippie" but not as extreme. I buy organic as much as possible, but I shave.

Speaking of crunchy, I'm going through a 2 week liver detox right now. It's pretty intense, but my body is feeling better everyday. I can't consume sugar, caffeine, soy, meat, dairy, wheat, oats, flour, strawberries, bananas, spinach, peanuts and many many more items. I also have to drink 16 glasses of water, eat 7 vegetable servings, get 30 minutes of aerobic activity, practice hydrotherapy, consume 2 tbsp. of flaxseed powder, drink this tonic that tastes like chinese food, and drink a disgusting smoothie all while standing on my head-in the span of one day. Not the head part, but the other things are real. I'm doing this to detox my liver because my body has been completely out of whack since getting off of the birth control pill last October. I'm trying to fix and counteract all the negative things the pill has done to my body. One of these days, when I have a while, I will right a blog about the dangers and negative effects the birth control pill has on women's bodies. I think it's important for every woman to know what's going into her body, and unfortunately many don't. Until then, I will continue to eat beets, broccoli, and kale until I have the time to vent.

The pictures are pretty self explanatory (new apartment, great present from my brother in Alaska, beer garden) except the girl covering her face. Long story short- I was at the beer garden, this girl was standing on the bench with her behind completely in the air, I got dared to slap it, I did, she got embarrassed, when asked to take a picture with me to put in this blog she got completely offended, must have thought I was coming onto her, and didn't want anything to do with me or my blog. So we took papparazzi pictures of her without her knowing. She's made it into the blog. Muaahahahahaha.

Until next time....

LOVE LOVE!!!
EMILY!!!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, home sweet home. Looks good. I hope you will be very happy there. Loved the pics.XOXO from your secret admirer.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Miss Em, so beer and liver detox don't really go together, but good luck on that otherwise. I'm so envious! The apartment looks great and I love the color of the tub (though, not sure I'd want it as the color of my tub). And you get to see trees out your window! Always a plus- much better that just the side of another building. Miss you, have fun and enjoy!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the pics, place looks great. you look very happy sis, love ya lots

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me! Miss you lots, proud of you so much more. We're home from vacation, had a great time, miss our kids. You go get 'em big girl, watch your backside tho, it's still a big mean world out there. Always there if you need me.
Love ......

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home